These updates are user-generated and are believed to be true based on information available. This post serves as a way for people on the ground to send reports of what is going on without risk of exposing device ID to Twitter or similar security concerns. Sources will remain anonymous unless they request otherwise.
How do I send you an update?
Large turnout. Estimates range from 20K – 100K people. No major incidents. VA Capital police report one arrest at around 1:30PM of one female for allegedly violating the ‘no masks’ law in vicinity of 800 Block Broad St. Crowds cleaned up the area before leaving for the day. No violence or property damage reported.
- 1/20 3:30PM – Event is over; no reported major incidents.
- 1/20 3PM – Crowds are cleaning up or are largely dispersed.
- 1/20 1:15PM – @trijiconch makes poop joke near Kaitlin Bennett.
- 1/20 1:12PM – Still going strong. No issues to report. Alex Jones and Kaitlin Bennett have made appearances.
- 1/20 1:00PM – New Cessna reportedly overhead
- 1/20 Noon – Major turnout; still calm. Guillotine sighted.
- 1/20 11:18AM – Listen to local news radio WRVA 1140AM / https://www.radio.com/newsradiowrva/listen
- 1/20 10:47AM – Seeing chatter about a plane overhead and also about poor cellular performance. May be unrelated. Possible the increased cell use in one area is overloading towers.
- 1/20 8:28AM – Still calm, crowd growing
- 1/20 7:15AM – Situation is calm
- 1/20 7:15AM – Sign up for text alerts from Capitol Police about critical situations (if you want to share your info)
- 1/20 – 12:10AM – @trijiconch to step off at 6:45AM
- 1/19 – Late – Rumors of Nazi agitators begin to spread
- 1/19 – Late – Reports of VCDL concerns for event security appear
Media / Video / Images
Listen to Police & Fire Radio
- Northeast Virginia Counties Fire, VA State Police Divisions 1, 2, 3, 7
- Primary VHF Frequency for Lobby Day / VHF 145.5600 Simplex
- Chesterfield County Fire and EMS Dispatch (Neighboring County)
Map of Area
Useful Resources and Links
- Search Tweets from within 2mi of Virginia’s Capitol
- Lobby Day at the Capitol: Everything you need to know about street closures, parking and bus route detours
Send News & Updates
This page will be updated with user-submitted reports from people on the ground in Virginia at Rally Day on January 20th, 2020. To submit an update or tip:
- Telegram Channel: t.me/enblocpress
- Telegram Direct @: en_bloc_press
- Keybase Team: en_bloc_press
- Keybase Direct @: en_bloc
- Text Line: 470-510-7050
- E-Mail: [email protected]
- Twitter: @en_bloc_press
- Instagram: @en_bloc_press
- Facebook: fb.me/enblocpress
Don’t let the legacy media control the message. Send your updates to En Bloc Press for broadcast to social media and web.